Want to buy in bulk from local farmers? Want to help IthaCan create an online system to make local bulk buying easier?
We're creating an online farmers market will help you connect with local farmers who are selling products in bulk. We’re looking for a few committed volunteers to test the system and provide us with constructive feedback so that we can make improvements.
In the computer world, one stage of website testing is called “beta testing,” so you’ll be affectionately known as our “Beta Buyers.”
As a volunteer Beta Buyer, we’ll be asking you to:
1) check out the website and register as a “buyer”
2) regularly browse products and create your own wishlist of products you’d like to buy
3) make one or more purchases using the website, before September 2010
4) regularly report back to us about your experiences.
In return, you’ll:
1) have a unique opportunity to buy great local products
2) be able to shape the Harvestation experience
3) help our local foodshed become more self-reliant
4) get to know participating farmers
5) receive a few surprise thank you goodies along the way.
Of course, we understand that some people will want to simply use Harvestation once it’s perfected – and that’s great. Just let me know and I’ll contact you when the site is past the testing phase.
And, if you're a farmer interested in selling products through the site, please let me know that too.
Thanks! This project is a collaboration between IthaCan and local software company Authentrics, and it's funded in part by a NE SARE